photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Miracle of Life

One year ago today Roly Poly entered our lives.

It was no less than a miracle of God.

He was two weeks early.
My water broke at 1:30 AM that morning,
so we got up and made the 45 minute drive 
to drop Monster at Grandma's and go to the hospital.

The scheduled C-section was out the door
and we actually were confident that everything was going to go
far more smoothly this time,
and it did.

However, this day was truly a miracle because while I was patiently waiting 
to meet my son I heard the nurse say,
"Wow! Look at the umbilical cord."

This struck me because the FULL length of Monster's cord 
had been around his neck, 
so I wondered what could this kiddo have done to the cord.

Well . . . 
check this out
(warning: surgically graphic photo)

If you are wondering what you are supposed to be seeing,
it is a full knot in the umbilical cord.

How long was it there?
How did he do it?

Who knows.

All I know is that natural labor would have equaled 
bad mojo because that knot would have tightened.

God blessed us with my water breaking.
He coud see my son in the womb and knew how crafty he was.

We are so thankful that things went the way that the did
because Roly Poly is all smiles, love, and fun.


HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. That's crazy! He's one talented kiddo. Happy birthday Roly Poly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all teary eyed thinking that he is a year old- it felt like yesterday I was holding him for the first time in your living room. Please have more :) so I can love even more little L's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. That truly is a miracle! Happy Birthday to your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me teary eyed!! My goodness! So thankful God was taking care of the both of you!! Happy Birthday to your hunkie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, little cutie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.

There was an error in this gadget