photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Friday, April 11, 2014

Motivation

Sometimes I just struggle with motivation and distraction.

I do not know what it is, but I can sit on eBay doing nothing really for hours: window shopping. Yet, I wonder why nothing is done in the house? Why I haven't crafted in months? Why my scrapbook keeps falling farther behind? 

After spending sometime this evening cleaning up parts of my office and looking through all of my previous blog posts, I now realize that I have just misplaced my focus. I think I knew it, or that I have known it, for awhile. I have been focusing on things, such as clothes. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with this. However, the fact that it is detracting from other things that I LOVELOVELOVE!!! 

Now, this is not to say that I am giving up on clothes. Nay, that is not realistic. Instead, it is merely to acknowledge that I need to shift some attention away from online window shopping, especially since I truly prefer to shop in person. Actually, to tell the truth, I don't have much time to go in person; this is why I look online so often. 

So, here is the plan:

  • clean and organize the office/studio space
  • when the boys go to bed do not retreat to my room where I sit on the cozy bed and veg out online
  • utilize my office
  • scrapbook a minimum of 2-3 pages per week
  • blog and clean/clean and blog
I think that if I am able to do some of these things, then I will push myself forward and get some vitally important creativity done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.