photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{What I Wore Wednesday} Patriotic Pirate

This year my Fourth of July outfit took some clever planning.
 I wanted something that was both festive and patriotic for Fourth of July, 
but also looked a bit Piratey for Monster's party.

I contemplated several looks.
Black and white stripes.
Linen pants.

Then Nina from Momma Go Round
linked to this photo of Cat Deeley on Facebook.

Way cute, right?

Well, I decided this was the look I was going to try to recreate.
I had red and white striped fabric,
so I thought I could try to make the skirt.
I did need to get an appropriately colored top though.

On Saturday I was able to run into Old Navy to get a top
and also to check the price on the skirt.

A top took about 10 seconds, literally, to find.
They were right when I walked in.

Then I saw what I thought was the skirt,
and it was.
However, it is NOT red and white.
NOPE!!!
 Orange and Cream.

Editing can REALLY change the colors.

So, I knew I was going to want to make my skirt,
not like a mom doesn't have a trillion other things to do the night before a party.

Pshhha . . .

So I sewed one at 1 AM on Saturday night
and we left our house for my MIL's at 8 AM the next morning.

Sleep total.
3 1/2 hours.

Totally enough.

Okay,
here's the look in action.


In the evening we went to a cousins house in a 
city that allows fireworks.

The boys get a bit crazy every year.
This was the first year though that 
Monster enjoyed them and wasn't either asleep or terrified.

Roly Poly was sleeping.

I decided to change into shorts so I could sit on the ground more easily.

Simple switch.
Oh yeah, then it rained for about 5 minutes.
SWEET!

Hope your holiday was fun too.
Check back in tomorrow,
hopefully,
for a full review of the Pirate Party.

It was pure awesomeness.



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.