photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Easiest Knockoff EVER!!!!!!!!!! A Boy Spaces Teaser

Tomorrow officially kicks off our Boy Spaces event.





However, this evening I have a little teaser for you.

It is the most recent, and simplest, 
project that I have added to Roly Poly's bedroom.


I am a Land of Nod gal through and through,
so when I saw these cute and simple 
not only did I fall in love with them, 
but I also knew that I was going to make my own.

I had already purchased some knobs from ETSY
 while I was prego with Roly Poly,
which means about 1 1/2 years ago.

I had never done anything with them because 
I just didn't know what I wanted to do.
I loved that they matched his Dwell bedding,
but beyond that I had nothing.

So this was finally the project that could put them to use.

It took about 5 minutes from start to finish.

SUPPLIES:

  • nails
  • knobs
  • Super Glue
  • string
  • mini clothes pins
  • photos and other stuff of your choice




















What to do:

First I nailed the four nails spaced apart at various heights 
and distances so that the string could be run between them.

Next I took the super glue and I filled the hole of one knob. 
I then placed the knob over one of the nails and held firmly for about 30-45 seconds.

***Make sure that your nails are pulled full enough out 
that there is space between the back of the know and the wall.***

This step is repeated for each knob.

The next step is to tie the string onto the first knob 
and then continue to wrap it around each knob
 so that it goes back and forth in a zig zag pattern.

You are now ready to hang your photos and memorabilia.

I added some Creative Memories title stickers 
and a rocket sticker backed on 
white card stock and then cut out.
I love that I can change this as I get new photos 
and other important memorabilia.

I hope that this first project revs you up 
and gets you into a creative mood.

If you are a knob collector like Ashley from Little Miss Momma,
you could use this in any and every room.
You can read about her knob obsession here.

I am looking forward to this week.

Are you ready to ROCK some Boy Spaces?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.