photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Repurposing Christmas

Since funds are a bit tight this Christmas, but I have lofty ideas and dreams of a Christmas decor make over, I have found myself repurposing some of the things that I have had for several years. Here are my first two projects.
A CHRISTMAS WREATH


SUPPLIES:
Wreath form from real wreath 2 years ago
Well used Christmas tree garland
glittered poinsettias in red and green
green ribbon left over from Christmas sign project


DIRECTIONS:
1. Attach poinsettias to their form using the wired stems
(5 groups of red/green combo)
2. Wrap the Christmas tree garland around the form until desired fullness is obtained.
4. Finish off with a large bow created from a remnant piece of ribbon. I attached the bow with a twist tie.
VOILA! Repurposed wreath complete. Hang and enjoy.



Doesn't it frame the roly poly's face perfectly?



JAR DECORATION



I keep this jar decoration on the back splash of my counter; it breaks the kitchen from the den. 

SUPPLIES:
Glass jar (originally purchased for sister-in-laws baby shower)
red rocks (from last years Valentines)
Snowflake ribbon (off a package a few years back. It's been floating around)
Floating candles from Big Lots
Tray from Target clearance

DIRECTIONS:
1. Fill jar with red rocks and replace lid
2. Wrap the ribbon around the lid of the jar and tie a bow
3. Place on tray and set up candles as desired

SO SIMPLE!!! 

Okay, so that is it for now. I am sure that I will be repurposing some other stuff soon.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Thanks for linking up at tatertotsandjello!

    I'd love for you to check out my blog! and maybe give some bloggin' love!

    http://vintagewannabee.blogspot.com/

    Mucho love,
    Nichelle

    P.S. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.