photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Friday, January 28, 2011

{Frugal Fridays} Coach Clutch



Okay, I know what you are thinking Coach and frugal do not go together. I promise you though you will be amazed by this. This Coach clutch cost me . . . wait for it  . . . a whopping . . .

$17

No! I did not buy this on E-BAY or Craig's List. It is not from a thrift store or yard sale. 
It is from the Coach store.

"Wha . . . Wha . . . What?" you say.

Okay, so it is from the outlet in Barstow, about 30 minutes from my house. If you are going to Vegas from LA  or Orange County you pass right by it on the 15 fwy. However, there are outlets everywhere. Every outlet has a clearance section along a back wall. Also, every outlet has sales of 20% off the entire store on a fairly regular basis. This clutch/wristlet was on that wall during one of those sales. It was back there because because of this teeny tiny pen mark on the back toward the top stitching.

See:
Maybe less than the length of two stitches
Okay, so now you know about this little clutch/wristlet. You want to know something sad though. I have NEVER used it. I have had it for almost four years. The tissue paper is still inside. This is the closest I've come to doing something with it. I love the purple color but find it limiting. I thought about E-BAYING it, but I got such a great deal I just can't bring myself to so it.

 What if I want it someday? 

At least I didn't pay the original $138. HA! I would so NEVER do that.

So my Frugal Friday tip is go to the outlet. Who really cares if something is "last season," or twelve seasons ago. I don't. This is especially true for simple basic pieces in solid colors.

A: Ignore awful nail polish  B: Why does my skin look so awful. Seriously, it doesn't really look that bad.
Other great Coach deals I've got are a $425 limited edition suede bag for $78, scarves galore for between $12-$15, a different and smaller limited edition wristlet for $30, and AMAZING teal leather gloves w/a velvet bow and rhinestone embellishment for $14 (originally $119).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.