photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sheriff Valentine


A few weeks back I saw these super cute sheriff's badges in the Valentine's section at Target. I set them down, but I just couldn't stop thinking about them. By the time I got home I knew I had to buy them the next time I was there and use them for D's Valentine's I feel like it can be difficult to make a masculine Valentine, but these little badges would do just the trick.

What to do with them though?

Well, the phrase, "Valentine: You've arrested my heart," popped into my head.

That was it!!!

At first I thought I would just print cardstock and place the badges to the right of the phrases, and then I saw these wonderful little library note card holders in the garage (they're left over from my teaching days) The red bandana print just shouted "Use ME for Valentine's Day." So, I had another great element. I put it all together, filled the little envelopes with candy, and VOILA! A masculine Valentine's card from your local sheriff.





Want to make your own? Let me show you how.

What you need:

  • Sheriff's Badges (1.99/16 @ Target)
  • White cardstock (I used linen cardstock)
  • Bandana printed paper/or other western style paper
  • Printables and envelope template from here
  • Adhesive (Glue or double sided tape)
  • Paper trimmer or scissors
  • Conversation Hearts

What you do:

  1. Cut out and fold your envelopes following the directions on the printable.
  2. Print out the printables and cut. The height of each is determined by the distance between each printable. The width should be 3 1/2 inches.
  3. Adhere your printed and cut labels to your prepared envelopes about 1/2-3/4 inch from the bottom. I eyed it.
  4. Now you can fill each envelope with a small amount of conversation hearts. It helps to shake the envelope to flatten them out before folding down the top tab.
  5. Fold down the top tab; you do not need to seal it with adhesive.
  6. Use the clip on the back of the sheriff's badge to attach the badge to the envelope. This will hold the envelope closed.
  7. You are now ready to give your Valentine away!!!


Phew! That wasn't too bad. I am excited that D gets to give a special Valentine at his BFF's party. He might just have to make her an extra special one though. Look for photos post-Valentine's of this fun event.
Oh yeah, one quick disclaimer. Please bear with my template; it's the first I've ever made. Thanks!


8 comments:

  1. Those valentines are so cute!! I love the pink sheriff badges! Also, very cute display :)
    So you commented on the Harry Potter Wand I made the other day, and I just had to show you the one my husband made this morning...He just blew mine out of the water, that little goober.
    http://youseriouslymadethat.blogspot.com/2011/01/harry-potter-wand-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Too bad I didn't see them BEFORE I finished my daughter's valentines for this year! Thanks for all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute project! I'll have to go check out what Target has!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool idea! The cowboy theme is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are soo cute! I will have to remember this when my little cowboy gets old enough to hand out valentines. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute. I don't have any little boys, but my sister has two. I am going to share this with her. I have a feeling we will be making these for her boys to hand out next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I bought the same badges when they were on sale post-Valentine's day planning to use them for my daughter. She's in preschool this year and I know they'll be a hit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.