photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Monday, March 14, 2011

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Mirror Mirror on the wall
who's the fairest of them all?

You are mirror!
You are!

Well, at least you are now.

I am soooo excited to show you this quick, simple, and oh so cute mirror transformation.

I picked this mirror up at one of my local thrift stores a few weeks back.
I had been looking for her for such a long time.


I was beginning to feel like everyone in blogland 
was able to find these mirrors for great prices except me.
HAHAHAHA . . . Now I have found one for the low price of $2.99.

YIPPEE SKIPPY!!!

This was my diamond in the rough 
(yes, we are doing Disney sayings today)




Pretty rough, no?

Well, it was nothing that a little bit o white spray paint couldn't handle.
Notice how I covered the mirror with paper before hand.
This is very important.

SPRAY>SPRAY>SPRAY
Just keep spraying. Just keep spraying.
Eh hem . . . This is in lieu of Just Keep Swimming



Phew! Much better.


Then, I thought about antiquing it, but I decided I like it this way. 
I did want some umph to it though.


Then I remembered all of the frosted/etched mirrors that I keep seeing.
Well, I didn't really have the stuff on hand for that either, 
but I did have a ton of white vinyl left over from this project here.

White on white.
Sure. Why not?
So I gave it a try once I figured out what I wanted to say.
Our room is a bit whimsical and soft.
The mirror needed to say something that had an air of fantasy.

I narrowed it down to something from 
Alice Through the Looking Glas
or 
Snow White

After a bit of deliberation I chose to say this:
"Magic Mirror on the Wall, who is the Fairest one of all?"


Yes. Did you know that the phrase is actually "Magic Mirror?"
Promise that it is.


I decided that this was the best fit because it truly is a magical transformation.

After cutting all the letters I started by adhering the second half of the phrase.
Why I did this first, who knows?


I had to stop though.
Who is the Fairest one of all
was all I wanted because it left room for one to look in the mirror
and answer to themselves
"I AM!"

What are your thoughts?
Have you had any magical transformations involving spray paint?




A little vanity never hurt, right?
Wink. Wink.
I just had fun laying down and taking all these shots.


Don't Forget about this weeks giveaway!!!
It ends on Wednesday and there are no entries yet.
Go here to enter.



8 comments:

  1. Love it! I have a picture frame that I just might have to turn into a mirror!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! I love all things Disney!! Thanks for linking this as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote! And I love everything that is magical. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, it sooo cute! tfs!

    Erin@agirlandhercraftbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very impressive! What a great way to turn that frame into something cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Visiting from Paisley Passions and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just gave me a GREAT idea!! Thank you for the inspiration! When and if I ever make my mirror I will be sure and link you! I'm all about giving credit where credit is due! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.