photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Southwest Chicken Salad

This is one of my favorite quick recipes.
We actually had it tonight.

I love how easy it is to whip up,
and it is EXTRA yummy too.

Ingredients:
Leafy lettuce of your choice
Corn
Black Beans
Green Onion (or other onion)
Cilantro (if on hand)
Other vegis that you have on hand that you think will work.
Tortilla chips--crushed
Chicken (optional if you are vegitarian it can go bye bye)
Dressing (Ranch or Creamy Cilantro or BOTH)
Cheddar Cheese

So first cook up your chicken, unless you buy pre-cooked Tyson strips.
I cooked up chicken this time in some chili powder, salt, and pepper.
Taking a picture when something is steaming isn't easy.

While it was cooking I placed all of the vegetables and the beans in my favorite Mikasa bowl.
I always use it for this salad.

Then I added the crushed tortilla chips.

Followed by the chicken when it was done cooking.

Finally I added shredded cheese on top of the HOT chicken so that it would get melty.

Finally I mixed the two dressing on top and tossed.
Ranch is always BEST homemade and this Fresh and Easy dressing is AMAZING.

It was ready to serve up.

Healthy. Yummy. Filling.


Meals like this are great for the summer time.
They also make great sides for BBQs and other gatherings.



3 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic. I had a brief fling with Fresh & Easy, but I may have to go in again for that salad dressing. It all looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum-o! I love few things more than a good chicken salad on a summer night. So making this as soon as it warms up around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I order something very similar to this at a favorite resturant nearly every time I go! They top it with onion rings. It is sooo good. Thanks for shareing the receipe!

    Now Following!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.