photo 5fa4f53c-9555-45d1-809b-3e537846bb4e.jpg

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Spy Home Edition & Eisy Morgan recreate #3--Scarflace

Most crafting, creating, musing, loving and living happens in our homes.
So I thought that I would share with you a bit of my favorite things that
I SPY 
around my house while I am doing these things.

{Of course the my most favorite things to see around the house are my two boys having fun}

When you walk in our front door you enter our living/dining room,
and you are looking at this brightly colored statement wall where . . .

I SPY
 my mini China cabinet ($15 Estate Sale).
I love this because some of my favorite things are on or in the cabinet.

I SPY
my wedding bouquet and DL's boutonniere and some dust.

 I SPY
my book collection (a small portion) and a vintage statue that was my mom's

I SPY
 a Cuban heritage tribute wall


I SPY
a wood carving from Spain given to us as a wedding gift from my husband's cousins who still live there.
The house is a Casa Dio which resembles the one in which they live.


I SPY
My bedroom Desk ($15 yard sale) full of craziness and empty frames.


I SPY
my light switch plate that I have had since 8th grade.
It has lived with me in four homes.

I SPY
my super cozy bed all made up with Starbucks BEARistas to greet me.

I SPY
 an antique chest that was originally purchased by my step-dad's great-uncle

FINALLY . . .
I SPY
ROLY POLY!!!!
Playing in his make shift prison in his room while mommy takes a break from work this morning.

This I SPY post was inspired by Ashley of Little Miss Momma.
If you want to play along go visit her for details.

NOW ON TO SOMETHING THAT I CREATED WHILE 
SURROUNDED BY THESE ITEMS AROUND MY HOUSE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know that this might be a bit out of season now being that it is a yarn project, 
but as a crocheter I have lots of yarn hanging about.

Thus, I decided that this was a great project to recreate for Eisy Morgan's linky party.
It was simple and sweet.

I did two of them.

The first is white yarn, like in her tutorial.
I did make it a little thinner by only making the chain once.
I also made it short, like a bib necklace, by accident.




I love this gold one, especially because I HATE to crochet with this funky specialty yarn.
I just don't have the skills.


For both scarflaces I used elastic line, instead of wire to attach the beading.
The white one has iridescent sequins,
while the gold has multi-colored seed beads with larger glass beads at the intersections.
I will most likely be putting both of these away to wear next Fall/Winter.

Go check out the tutorial
I am sure that many of you have the supplies laying around the house.

5 comments:

  1. Such lovely things! I especially like your desk, the fabric of your bedspread, and that gorgeous antique chest... but the best part is your little guy - so cute! Your necklaces are beautiful too!
    - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the gold one is to die for! I have been meaning to call you to chat- hopefully I will get around to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom had that same "hugging" statue thing from back in the 70s... Wonder if its still lurking around my parents house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and am your newest follower! Thanks for creating such a fab blog full of inspiration. I love the necklaces too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and ask any questions you'd like. I truly love all of my comments. I get so excited to connect with the people of blogland.